a kinder, gentler machine vision python library
SimpleCV is an interface for Open Source machine vision libraries in Python. It provides a consise, readable interface for cameras, image manipulation, feature extraction, and format conversion. Our mission is to give casual users a comprehensive interface for basic machine vision functions and an elegant programming interface for advanced users.
Download from SourceForge: <http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplecv/files>
SourceForge Project Page: <http://sf.net/p/simplecv>
We like SimpleCV because:
- Even beginning programmers can write simple machine vision tests
- Cameras, video files, images, and video streams are all interoperable
- Information on image features can be extracted, sorted and filtered easily
- Manipulations are fast, with easy to remember names
- Linear algebra is strictly optional
Here is the simplecv “hello world”:
import SimpleCV c = SimpleCV.Camera() c.getImage().save("picture.jpg")
For more code snippets, look at the cookbook, or the example scripts.
You will absolutely need:
Once you have all the required libraries installed:
If you need more help, look at the [installation docs](http://simplecv.sf.net/installation.html)